Facebook Pages Are Easy To Create
Facebook pages carry a lot of weight in search results and Facebook offers free pages to businesses, charities, celebrities and other organizations.
Even if you aren’t on Facebook personally you’d be crazy to not have your business here. In fact, if you don’t like Facebook I suggest you get over that and take advantage of the exposure it can bring your enterprise! It’s free to set up a Page and it only takes a few minutes to get started.
Here’s the basic steps to create a Facebook Pages:
- Choose a category and a Page name that represents your business.
- Pick a logo or other image to use as a profile picture.
- Write a one sentence description of your business so people understand what you do.
- Create a memorable URL or web address for your page
- Pick a background image that showcases your business
Start Posting To Your Newsfeed
Once your page is made you can start posting to your feed. Here are some tips for posting:
- Make your posts short (posts between 100 and 250 characters get about 60% more likes, comments and shares)
- Add pictures using either the Add Pictures button or let Facebook pick a pic from the website you’re posting about
- Make sure you use key phrases about your business or product when you post.
Invite People To LIKE Your Page
Facebook (and search engines) reward you the more LIKE’s your page gets because they show how involve an audience you have.
When you get started you can ask your friends on Facebook to LIKE your page. That’s good for a start, but to really attract an audience you should engage with people. Facebook will help you build an audience by going through your email contact list and sending invitations to everyone you know.
Invite you friends on Facebook, share your page wherever you can, including:
- Business Listings
- Website and Blog
And that is enough to get you started! Good luck creating a Facebook page and don’t be afraid to contact me if you want some tips!
Add An Admin To Your Page
One of the easiest ways to get help with your Facebook page is to add an Admin to your page. You do this by clicking the “Edit Page” button in the upper right corner of your Facebook page. Choose “Admin Roles” and follow the instructions to add another Admin.
For instance, if you wanted to add me as an admin on your page, you could start to type my name in the box below your name then choose me when I show up in the list.
Now you can add information, pictures and more to your page!